Tired of breakouts, pimples, and bad skin? Below are 6 simple tips to help you achieve a great complexion:
1. Wash your face in the morning and nights – Wash your face to get rid of any oil accumulation in your pores after you wake up and right before you go to bed. This will minimize the chances of acne breakouts. Imagine going to bed with a greasy face…you’ll be smearing all that oil onto your pillow case night after night.
2. Wash your pillow case weekly – Don’t wait several weeks to wash your pillow case. Make it a habit to wash your pillow case at least weekly. This will ensure your face doesn’t encounter an oily pillow case, especially even more so if you use hair styling products such as hair gel, wax, or paste. Assuming you take your showers in the morning, using these types of hair styling products encourages build up of oil, dirt, and grime on your hair which all transfer onto your pillow during the night.
3. Drink plenty of water – Drinking plenty of water everyday flushes away toxins and waste and provides needed hydration to your skin. Soda, tea, and coffee don’t quality as “water” since those drinks are considered diuretics. So drink between 6-8 glasses of water everyday.
4. Use sunscreen when you go outside – Applying sunscreen prior to heading outdoors will protect your skin from damaging UV rays. See our blog post below of the truck driver who drove his truck for 28 years. That picture is self explanatory on the benefits of blocking UV rays from your skin.
5. Exfoliate – Exfoliation is an essential part of maintaining healthy skin. Use a face wash with microbeads to rub away dead loose skin. If you have sensitive skin, be sure to use a quality gentle face scrub and exfoliate at least once or twice a week. To prevent and minimize redness, don’t rub your face too hard with your facial scrub!
6. Apply moisturizer – I know many men out there don’t use any face moisturizers. If you don’t want to apply any moisturizer or balm after you shave, then at least apply a thin layer prior to going to bed. Don’t overdo on the moisturizer as this may clog your pores. Prep your skin for maximum hydration and let the moisturizer work for you when you’re sleeping.
Follow these 6 simple tips for glowing skin. Since they don’t require any demanding changes in your personal lifestyle, incorporate them into your daily routine and your face with thank you dearly.
Tags: skin care tips